I recently updated my iPad 1 to iOS5.0 GM and found that there were lots of Cydia apps that wouldn't work yet like Gridlock and Iconoclasm due to Iconsupport 1.7.1 not been supported. It just sent my iPad into Safe Mode, however using Iconsupport 1.7.1~b2-2, I have them both working. See screenshots above for proof - two shots of different layouts and my firmware version etc.
Firstly a WARNING, this is a beta version for iOS4 not iOS5 so you follow these instructions AT YOUR RISK! I am just offering a helping hand. Also this was done on my iPad 1 but should work on iPhone and iPod, but let me know.
* First download Iconsupport v1.7.1~b2-2 by chpwn - Multiupload and save it on your desktop.
* Load Cydia and install Gridlock (com.chpwn.gridlock_1.2.5-1_iphoneos-arm.deb) and Iconoclasm (net.r-ch.iconoclasm_1.7_iphoneos-arm.deb), both of which will install Iconsupport v1.7.1 (com.chpwn.iconsupport_1.7-1_iphoneos-arm.deb). Once installed restart your springboard.
* It comes up in safe mode, which is fine. Extract the two files in the zip file you downloaded (Iconsupport.plist & dylib).
* Either use WinSCP (Windows) or iFile (iOS) to upload the Iconsupport files to your iPad to directory /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and overwrite both files.
* Using WinSCP or iFile, edit this file for Iconoclasm - /System/Library/PreferencesBundles/IconoclasmPrefs.bundle and find the
* Respring your iPad whichever way you want.
* You now have 5 rows and 5 columns, plus you can move icons anywhere on your Springboard. But not in Folders atm.
Contact me via Xsellize or Hackulo.us